New unicorn nursery prints
Our new collection is here and it's magical! Unicorns and beautiful matching designs to add a pop of magical colour to the nursery or playroom.
Kids craft - painted geodes
I love the colours, shapes and sparkle of a geode. So we thought we'd try making our own with whatever art supplies we felt like - watercolours, pens (markers) and a bit of bling!
How to make geode art:
* You'll need a large piece of thickish paper to start Any sort of watercolour or heavier drawing paper will do.
* Get some scraps of paper in colours that work well together.
(This can be a good opportunity to talk to kids about the colour wheel, complementary and harmonious colours if you like - colours on opposite sides of the wheel are called a complementary. Colours adjacent to each other are harmonious. A harmonious colour scheme works really well for this project.)
* Rip the scraps of paper into a few different sized circle/oval shapes. These will form the centre of the geode so you want them to be increasingly bigger. Three or four pieces is enough.
* Stick your ripped paper onto the large piece of paper right in the middle.
* Using pens draw around the outline of the largest piece of ripped paper and repeat as much as you like.
* You can add watercolour paint the same way (don't be afraid to wet the pen lines that adds to the effect)
* We added glitter paint, some sparkling sequins and paint dabs to finish!
welcome to the CREATIVE MONSOON blog, an online rambling of art, illustration and design