Maybe you are waiting to find out the gender of your little one, it's a shared bedroom or just want to stay away from the traditional blue for boys and pink for girls? A gender neutral nursery is very easy to achieve without appearing bare and bland. Here are our five top tips for a fun gender neutral nursery.
1. Pick a theme that is gender neutral. Themed rooms are always fun. Simply pick something gender neutral such as animals, mountains, under the sea, fruity or twinkle little star.
2. Start with the furniture. As it's probably the most expensive item in the room so start with a crib you like, then change table, storage and seating and build your other choices around that. Aim for furniture that has straight lines and smooth surfaces.
3. Wood adds warmth. Adding wooden elements is a great way to add warmth to a room especially if you are going with a neutral color palette for the walls.
4. Add a statement piece. Emphasize a single element for impact like beautiful artwork, wall paper or a mural. A statement making piece will add drama and interest to a gender neutral nursery.
5. Black and white always works. Add in some bright pops of colour with artwork and furnishings for a bold beautiful nursery.
welcome to the CREATIVE MONSOON blog, an online rambling of art, illustration and design